dinsdag 25 mei 2010

Concept

In my first post I've explained that I want to design a car museum. The 'car museum' is only the theme of the program. The master track Architectural Engineering demands for more than a building program and a site, function or symbol given concept. Engineering is an important aspect in the concept development and the further design process.
There has to be chosen between several engineering topics like: climate, façade, light, construction etc... I've chosen for light, daylight. My task is to design a play between shadow and light. It has to support the program, to be energy-efficient and comfortable.
It is all about blocking and reflecting daylight. Below are some sketches about my first approach.

The sketches above are simply the concept. It has to merge with the building program in order to become a building, to become architecture. Therefore I need to define the requirements and my own preferences for the illumination car exhibition, café, lecture room, shop, entrance etc... (see sketch below).

Koen Barendregt

http://helskinky.blogspot.com

Geen opmerkingen: